Friday, December 5, 2014

The news that shocked me about Madonna / Happenings In The Outhouse 05-Dec-2014

I was sitting at work yesterday, editing some pages, when I noticed one of the daily advertisement flyers the local radio station delivers for free everywhere.  In the flyer are snippets of news and local events.  One shocked me.

It said that the singer Madonna was the highest grossing singer last year, with over $800 million, and Paul McCartney was behind her at $660 million. (if you don't believe me, here's a link to the article.)

Now, I'm old enough to remember when Madonna first came on the scene, with songs "Like a Virgin" and "Vogue" and so many others.  I will admit though, her music isn't necessarily to my liking--I love hard rock, mostly from the 80's and early 90's.  But when I read her biography on Wikipedia, I was most than impressed.

What does this mean to you and I?

Take a lesson from her (or any of the others on the list) and take control of your destiny.  Do things your way.  Because the more you control, and the more you branch out into your field, the more success you'll achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment