Friday, September 26, 2014

Happenings In The Outhouse 26-Sept-2014 / The silent approach

Aside from the authors who publish one book and, when they do not see any grand success from it and quit, authors can be (somewhat) divided into two camps:

1) publish one book and promote the hell out of it

2) publish one book, then another, then another, then another . . . leaving the marketing promotion machine to simply function as a funnel from one story to the next

It irrirates me when I see authors go gangbusters on a first novel, ranking in the top ten in several categories, only to have nothing else to follow it up with.

I am in the second camp.  I call it the silent approach.  I don't suggest publishing the way I have been, stories in several genres with no clear funnel from one to the next.  But I am changing it, and am in the process of creating several products to do just that: to lead readers from one to the next.

Also, I have a surprise for you.  I am adding something to Beholder's Eye.  I'll share what that is shortly.

I am around the 15,000 word count in the sequel to Beholder's Eye.  It's coming along great.

Don't forget to sign up for my newsletter too. That way you'll get updates on upcoming publications.

No comments:

Post a Comment