Friday, January 26, 2024

A Long Shot / Happenings In The Outhouse 26-Jan-2024

Publishing, in the more traditional sense, is a long shot.

And publishing short stories is no exception.

I have been submitting short stories for the past 5-6 months to a certain publication, whose doors were opened to only those who contributed to their Kickstarter campaign.  For me, I knew it was a long shot but wanted both the feedback as well as the opportunity to push myself to write something that fit the guidelines.

So far, I have gotten feedback on a few.  No, none of my stories have been selected, but what's just as valuable is the feedback.

It's a long shot, and frankly that's okay.  I'm still going to keep writing and keep submitting.  This year I am setting goals of doing a lot more short stories.  I'll let you know what progress I'm making.

No comments:

Post a Comment