Friday, September 11, 2020

What if I don't? / Happenings In The Outhouse 11-Sept-2020

I've read from many time management gurus who proclaim that their way is the best way.

And, of course, I've spouted many of their anecdotes on this blog.  Things like, set up a daily (or weekly monthly) goal and set aside 30 minutes a day for X.  Sounds easy, right?

But something hit me last week: what if I don't?

Everyone is different.  On top of all that, we all go through various seasons of life, sometimes several in a single week.

What if I take a week off?  What if I don't write for thirty minutes today?  What if I don't finish the novel this month?

What if I don't . . . and fill in the blank.

I can't change what I didn't do tomorrow, but I can change what I do today.  And if something doesn't get done today, do it tomorrow.

Accomplish what you need to do in little baby steps, if you have to.  Let's say I only write for five minutes before heading off to work.  Good.  It's better than nothing.  What if I watch a movie instead of working on my craft?  In my creative world, even if it's not adding pages it may be giving me ideas for something.

Don't be too hard on yourself.  You can't change the past.

You can only control the future.

Take back your future.

Remember, if you need to do baby steps, do it.  If you need a break, take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment