Friday, November 16, 2018

Lessons learned from Clingmans Dome / Happenings In The Outhouse 16-Nov-2018

In early June 2017, my in-laws took my family on a trip to Knoxville, Tennessee.  We stayed at the Grand Timber Lodge near Pigeon Forge, and if you click on this link you get a snapshot of the gorgeous scenery.

While we were there, we visited Clingmans Dome, which is the highest point in the Smoky Mountains.  From the parking lot, there is a 0.5 mile hike up to the dome.  Now, you would think that walking a half-mile could be so grueling.  Periodically, there are benches along the semi-steep path, which I utilized every chance I could.

But I made it. All 800 meters (or 0.5 miles).

Reflecting on the grueling hike up now, I also think about my writing career.  While hiking, there were people who passed me, people who quit, and plenty who didn't take the journey at all.  There were also others who passed me and then quit--why, I have no idea.

Where are you on the journey?  For myself, no matter where I am, I will still continue to climb, one step at a time.

(For more information on Clingmans Dome, here is the link to the Wikipedia page).

No comments:

Post a Comment