Friday, August 17, 2018

Just because it's August doesn't mean summer is over / Happenings In The Outhouse 17-Aug-2018

I grew up in a small town in northwestern Minnesota.  The county fair was usually around the third week of July.

During those days--and it seems to be just as true now--that the summer felt over once the fair was done.  Especially when the calendar turned from July to August, school was right around the corner.

Never fear.  August has 31 days.  Don't waste it.

As a creative, we suffer from the same sense of dread to the end of the summer months.  Kids will be back in school, and in turn will be going to bed earlier.

For the past few weeks, we have had some days where the heat is high--and so is the humidity.  I would come home from work and want to do . . . nothing.  No writing at all.

Now, did I do no writing?  Nope.  Was my output as high as before?  Nope.

But I still wrote.

I am currently working on the second romance novel under my pseudonym.  Sales on the first one are steady, as well as others.

Speaking of other books, I'm contemplating some price changes.  Meaning, pricing going up.  I'm testing it out in one of the smaller ebook retailers.  If all goes well, I'll go wide with the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment