Friday, April 22, 2016

Are you reviewing your goals? / Happenings In The Outhouse 22-Apr-2016

Two weeks ago, I went on a whirlwind trip to Kuna, Idaho, with my in-laws--my wife's grandmother of 92 passed away.

While spending 12+ hours a day in the van for four out of the six days we were away from home (two out to Idaho from Minnesota, two in Idaho, and two back), I got caught up on listening to my backlog of podcasts and reading--this is when I wasn't driving, of course.

In the midst of this, I thought about my goals for 2016 and 2017.  In October 2015, I set goals for the rest of 2015 and all of 2016/2017.  Once back home, I reviewed them.  Since setting these goals up, I've created new projects (including one nonfiction piece while traveling) that will take place before a few others.

I have now set a reminder to review my goals on a quarterly basis.  This way, I remind myself what still needs to be done and what can be pushed out for beyond 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment